May 27, 2011

Fruit fact #1 -Grapefruit

source: http://fraildolls.tumblr.com/
Well, I love fruits. One of my favorite fruits is the Grapefruit. I mean...it is quite obvious right? It is in the picture up there. Anyway, I wanted to share with you the joy of eating the grapefruit! 

Five reasons why Rebecca loves grapefruit and why you should too!:
  •  Firstly, it is PINK inside. Well, maybe reddish pink or pinkish red. Whatever. My favourite colour!
  • Secondly, it is an excellent source of vitamin C! Do you know that vitamin C is required in the synthesis of collagen? So those of you out there consuming collagen for anti-aging, please remember to consume some vitamins C too, or you are just wasting your money.
  • Thirdly, grapefruits are full of antioxidants! It is has one of the highest antioxidant activity! The main antioxidant, Lycopene, is said to reduce the risks of cancer, especially prostate cancer(for guys). I cannot imagine guys eating it though. It seem like a girly fruit to me. 
  • Fourthly, there is this thing in the grapefruit called limonoids that inhibit tumor formation by promoting the formation of a detoxifying enzyme. Double joy! 
  • Lastly, it is said to help in weight loss. In fact, celebrities are known to have grapefruit diet. But this is the last on my list though. I do not think I can eat the same fruit straight for 10 to 12 days:/
I got most of this information from here and wiki. The first point is all mine though:)

Oh well, in case you are wondering why I am writing this, it is because I have always wanted to be a nutritionist and sharing facts and healthy eating with everyone is sort of my passion:D Thought I would share this little tidbit with all of you:)

Okay, actually, I was going to tell you a nice way to eat the grapefruit. I guess it is an acquired taste because it can be bitter and sour, but I like it. I have weird taste, I know. 

My mom told me that adding a little salt before eating makes it taste better. You know what, it really does. Try it, and tell me how it goes:) Healthy nom-ing everyone!

Yup, that's all. Ciao!

Rebecca:)

No comments:

Post a Comment