July 09, 2011

Be careful of the law of attraction-.-

Well, before I tell you my personal experinence that happened in Tuesday, I will give you a brief background on the law of attraction. According to wiki, "The Law of Attraction is a metaphysical New Thought belief that "like attracts like", that positive and negative thinking bring about positive and negative physical results, respectively.[1][2][3][4] According to the Law of Attraction, the phrase "I need more money" allows the subject to continue to "need more money". If the subject wants to change this they would focus their thoughts on the goal (having more money) rather than the problem (needing more money). This might take the form of phrases such as "I have as much money as I need" or "I have a job that pays very well"."

So anyway, what happened was that I had an exam that day at 1300 for Economics. I reached the bus stop at about 1210. It usually takes me 30 to 45 minutes to reach school so I figured I would be just on time. But at the bus stop I was thinking about what people who are late for exams do? Do they get to take the exam? Or will they not be allowed to enter the examination area? As I was thinking, I realized that it had been 15 minutes and the bus had not arrived! I was like, oh no. I decided to take the train because it would take me 20 minutes to get to school by train usually in the mornings. I reached the train station at 1240 and realized that I missed the train and the next train is 7 minutes later! I was like, oh my god, and I waited. When I reached the next train station where I was supposed to change train, I discovered that I missed the train again! I would have to wait 5 minutes for the next train. I was panicking at that time because it was 1250!!! I decided to take a taxi. The ride costed me $5.00. When  I reached school, the time was 1257! I ran up to the examination hall and walked in. Guess what? Everyone was already inside. My table was on the first row, which meant that I had to walk all the way to the front and everyone stared at me(I know they did.) I was so disoriented that my fingers were shaking like crazy. I got through the paper. Thank god I got there before the paper started. PHEW.

Anyway, I kept thinking about how I should not have thought of people being late before my paper. The law of attraction kept resonating in my head. I will not have negative thoughts in my head anymore. The consequences are too scary. Which leads me to another topic.

From now on,
I am skinny
I will be rich
I will study hard
I will not procrastinate
I will babble less
I am an amazing person ;)

Okay. That's all I wanted to say. I am glad I finally get to fully rant about this incident. Ciao!

Rebecca:O

No comments:

Post a Comment