January 06, 2014

Start of a new beginning.

It is finally 2014, but I would like to reflect on 2013 before I forget about it.

2013 has been quite a ride. Looking back at the first post of 2013, I decided that I have accomplished 2 out of 3 of my resolutions. Not too bad.

I wanted to procrastinate less and work harder for 2013. I think I managed to meet my goal somewhat. I kinda learnt to set my priorities right. It really feels good when you have completed work before hand. No rushing out my essay the night before. Okay, that is a lie. I had to do that several times, but I did put in a lot more effort than before in my school work. However, I have to add that my performance is still not as good as I would like it to be. 6 modules in a semester is not that fun. Especially if all six modules are writing modules. I felt a lot of stress from quite a few modules and I am thankful that it is all over. I will try my best to not apply for so many examinable modules in a semester.

In 2013, I took the leap and applied for student exchange and student buddy programme. I am passionate about both the programmes, one to help other foreign students, and the other is to experience being a foreign student myself. I have always wanted to go on an exchange for one semester and I finally got the chance. I am really really thankful for this opportunity and I hope it was be a fruitful trip.

I have also started baking again. I thought my passion for baking has diminished, but I thought wrong. Previously, no one wanted to eat the cakes and cookies I baked at home, because of the lack of guinea pigs, I could not bake too much. So I decided to try baking something I actually like to eat. BREAD. Bread is so amazingly delicious, I cannot even..... That being said, it is no wonder I did not lose the extra 5 kilograms.
 -____-

All in all, 2013 has been eventful, with Qinglin joining into our clique, our really hilarious moments together, joining the student buddy programme, applying for the student exchange programme and everything else which I have probably forgotten.

One thing that I feel requires some special mention is the fact that 2013 marked the 21st year for many of my friends and myself. As the years go by, I realise that life really brings us to different places. Some of us change drastically, some of us remain the same. What Marx mentioned really rang true as well. Our material reality really shapes how we think and what we become. I have also officially become an adult. It was a great party with great accompany. I think most of us enjoyed ourselves.

For the new year, I want to focus more on self improvement. Becoming more independent, learning how to communicate with more people and learning how to cope in a totally new environment. I predict that I will have a lot of new experiences, so I am really excited. ^^

Because I will not be in Singapore for 6 months, I also really hope that my family will stay healthy and happy till I get back. I doubt I will be able to do much crafting in Sweden, so I will catch up on crafting when I get back!

To a wondrous 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment